Welcome to the CommunityAuthors.com Site (the “Site”).
2. Products and Services for Personal Use
The products and services available on the Site, and any samples thereof we may provide to you, are for personal use only. You may not sell or resell any of the products or services, or samples thereof, you purchase or otherwise receive from us. We reserve the right, with or without notice, to cancel or reduce the quantity of any order to be filled or products or services to be provided to you that we believe, in our sole discretion, may result in the violation of our Terms and Conditions.
3. Accuracy of Information
We attempt to be as accurate as possible when describing our products on the Site; however, to the extent permitted by applicable law, we do not warrant that the product descriptions and information or other content available on the Site are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
4. Intellectual Property
All information and content available on the Site and its “look and feel”, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, service marks, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, data compilations and software, and the compilation and organization thereof (collectively, the “Content”) is the property of Community Authors Online (Unified Technologies LLC.), our affiliates, partners or licensors, and is protected by United States and international laws, including laws governing copyrights and trademarks.
Neither the Content nor any portion of the Site may be used, reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, accessed, modified, or otherwise exploited, in whole or in part, for any purpose without our express, prior written consent.
5. Limited Licenses
We grant you a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive license to access and make personal use of the Site. This limited license does not include the right to: (a) frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose the Site or any portion thereof; (b) republish, redistribute, transmit, sell, license or download the Site or any and/or all Content (except caching or as necessary to view the Site); (c) make any use of the Site or any and/or all Content other than personal use; (d) modify, reverse engineer or create any derivative works based upon either the Site or any and/or all Content; (e) collect account information for the benefit of yourself or another party; (f) use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any and/or all Content; or (g) use software robots, spiders, crawlers, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, or take any other action that may impose an unreasonable burden or load on our infrastructure. You must retain, without modification, all proprietary notices on the Site or affixed to or contained in the Site.
6. Representations and Warranties; Limitation of Liability
THE SITE IS PRESENTED “AS IS.” WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE.
YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE), UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FOR ANY (a) INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; (b) ACCESS DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS TO THE SITE; (c) DATA NON-DELIVERY, MISDELIVERY, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION OR OTHER MODIFICATION; (d) LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS A RESULT OF DEALINGS WITH OR THE PRESENCE OF OFF-WEBSITE LINKS ON THE SITE; (e) COMPUTER VIRUSES, SYSTEM FAILURES OR MALFUNCTIONS WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING DURING HYPERLINK TO OR FROM THIRD PARTY WEBSITES (f) ANY INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN CONTENT OR (g) EVENTS BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL.
FURTHER, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) RELATED TO THE SITE OR YOUR USE THEREOF REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
YOU AGREE THAT NO CLAIMS OR ACTION ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATED TO, THE USE OF THE SITE OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY BE BROUGHT BY YOU MORE THAN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION RELATING TO SUCH CLAIM OR ACTION AROSE.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT NOTICE POLICY
Consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, if you believe that copyrighted materials have been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send an e-mail or written notice to our Designated Agent for notices of infringement and provide the following:
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that you claim is infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim has been infringed;
• A description of the material that you claim is infringing and the location of that material on the Site;
• Your address, telephone number and email address;
• A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
For claims of copyright infringement please contact Service@CommunityAuthors.com.
Copyright © Unified Technologies LLC. All worldwide rights reserved.
Community Authors Annual Writing Competition Rules
• Every entry will be read by the judges. Judges’ decisions are final. Judges reserve the right to re-categorize entries.
• Entries must be submitted online (11:59 pm EST) on the date of the final deadline: 8/8/2018. Community Authors reserves the right to extend the deadline date.
• Winners must provide an appropriate tax form (W9 or W8BEN) in order to receive their cash awards. If the forms are not received within 60 days of the request date, cash awards may be forfeited.
• The following are not permitted to enter the contest: employees of Community Authors and their immediate family members and Grand Prize Winners from the previous three years.
• Award winners will be notified by email no more than one month after the final deadline.